Who We Are
Based in San Diego, ACMA reaches throughout the entire Southern California region to support its filmmakers and storytellers, as well as highlight the people, organizations, and events that create positive change within the Asian American and Pacific Islander community.
We offer various programs including media training, webinars, a podcast series, a cultural television series, community webinars, and an online business directory for AAPI business owners. Through these programs, we aim to bring a voice of unity for everyone in our community.
Asian Pacific Cultural Showcase
Many Thanks to our Cultural Ambassadors:
- Korean American Youth Performing Artists (KAYPA) presents: Korean Fan Dance and Ogomu Five Drum Performance
- Makani Kai presents Dance & Performances from the Islands of Tahiti, New Zealand and Hawaii
- Philippine-American Society and Cultural Arts Troupe (PASACAT) presents: Hibla Filipiniana
- Reiko Obata presents: Japanese Koto Performance
- San Diego Korean Pungmul School presents: Sangmo Pangut, Korean Folk Musical Performance
- San Diego Laos Heritage presents: Traditional Laos Musical and Dance Performance
- The Naad Studios presents: North Indian Classical Solo Dance Performance Kathak
- Xing Jian Dance Studios presents: Traditional Chinese Dance Performance
E4Women in Culture
In celebration of Asian American & Pacific Islander (AAPI) Heritage Month, Asian Culture & Media Alliance (ACMA) and Korean Women’s International Network (KOWIN) of San Diego will be hosting a Bibimbap Virtual Cook-Off. Event hosts will guide participants through a virtual cooking showcase, then provide the best cooks with special prizes! Attendance is free, but registration is required.
MediActivism | Filmmaker's Webinar
During AAPI Heritage Month, we brought attention to the filmmakers that are working to share our stories and create space for others in the industry. Our Storytellers: AAPI Filmmakers was a panel discussion for rising and aspiring filmmakers. Watch our recording now on YouTube.