About Asian Culture and Media Alliance
Asian Culture and Media Alliance, or ACMA, is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded in 2013 by Asian American community activist and TV personality Cathlyn Choi.
Our mission is to provide a voice of unity, awareness and empowerment in serving the Asian American and Pacific Islander communities through the power of Television, Film and New Media.
Our objective is to promote commonalities and build cultural bridges amongst all Asian communities through educational and media programs as well as networking events.
Our vision is to become a center for inspiring media arts advocacy, education, vocational training and original content creation in serving the needs of the large diaspora of Asian American and Pacific Islander communities in the US.
Below are some the media programs and annual events that ACMA offers throughout the year:
- Asian Voices TV Show – The only cable television show to highlight the Asian American and Pacific Islander community leaders and organizations in Southern California.
- Asian Pacific Community Connection Directory Listings Website – An online business directory made specifically for businesses owned by Asian American and Pacific Islanders in Southern California.
- ACMA Films – ACMA and the Take One Media Internship Program create short films to highlight the unique and personal experiences lived by AAPI folks.
- TAKEONE Digital Media Internship Program – A bi-annual, hands-on vocational media internship and mentorship program for Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) youth, ages 18-25 residing in San Diego.
- Business and Digital Media Seminar for Empowering Women and Youth – Guest speaker and panel discussions hosted by ACMA and AAPI leaders to provide knowledge and resources in business and media industries.
- Annual Drive, Dine & Wine Fundraising Golf Tournament
- Annual Holiday Event
- AAPI Online Youth Film Festival (Coming in 2021)
If you would like to become in one or more of our programs or events, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.