Our Story & Mission
Asian Culture and Media Alliance (ACMA) is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded in 2013 by Asian American community activist and TV personality Cathlyn Choi. As a long-standing advocate for the under-represented, she believes everyone should have an opportunity to be heard–no matter their socio-economic background.
Today, we have access to technology that allows any individual to connect to anyone anywhere in the world. And yet, not all communities are heard equally. Many factors are responsible for how others perceive a community or how well they’re understood. One such community is the Asian American, Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander (AANHPI) communities that comprises the second largest ethnic group living in Southern California.
In a world where AANHPI voices are under-represented, our organization serves to empower these communities through media arts.
OUR MISSION in serving the Asian American, Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander (AANHPI) communities is to advance the cause for cultural preservation, better equity, inclusion and diversity through the power of media arts.
OUR OBJECTIVE is to uplift our voices and commonalities by promoting the cultural arts that builds bridges between diverse communities, while inspiring future generations of diverse creators through our youth vocational media programs.
OUR VISION is to advance the empowerment of stronger voices in television and film media arts by becoming a center for inspiring culture and media arts advocacy, education, vocational training and original content creation in serving the needs of the larger AANHPI diaspora communities in the US.
If you would like to get involved in one or more of our programs or events, contact us at email@example.com.
- Asian Pacific Voices – The only mini documentary cable television series produced in English highlighting the Asian American and Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander (AANHPI) communities, organizations, culture and arts in Southern California.
- Asian Pacific Voices Radio – An extension to Asian Pacific Voices TV, our radio podcast series provides a safe space for in-depth, stimulating conversations on the various cultural and social issues that impact the AANHPI communities in the United States.
- Asian Pacific Community Connection Directory Listings Website – An online directory created for AANHPI businesses in Southern California.
- Asian Pacific Cultural Festival – Founded in 2009, this annual event was created to share, celebrate, promote, educate, and unite the Asian American and Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander communities in San Diego.
- Take One Youth Media Program– An annual, hands-on vocational media internship and mentorship program designed to inspire and activate young adults so as to give rise to more authentic, diverse voices in TV and Film media arts spaces.
- Take One Fellowship Program – A 6-month extension of our Take One program that teaches basic employable film media and digital marketing skills as well as personal development mentorship.
- Business and Digital Media Seminar for Empowering Women and Youth – Monthly Webinar Series designed to discuss, provide and share relevant information knowledge and resources for underserved women and youth in our community.